Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 25 September 2013

The News!

The letter has arrived! For the past 3 days I have not been able to stop thinking about Japan, but the waiting is over. I had no idea how I'd done, but it was going to be tough with there only being 36 places for 170 applicants. My mum brought the letter when she came to collect me from the train station from school, I was going to wait until I got home but I couldn't resist it. I ripped open the envelope, in the car, and unfolded the sheet of paper. My eyes, scanned the paper until I saw the words: you have been selected. I got in! I couldn't believe it, I was going to Japan. I would be camping with 30,000 other Scouts for 12 days in one of the most culturally different countries to my own I could go to. A World Jamboree is a once-in-a-lifetime event, I was ecstatic. Of course, I felt bad for those who had sadly not managed to get on but it is important to remember that Scouting is a movement, and there is always a new opportunity just round the corner. I recognised that this was the beginning of a 2 year journey, a new adventure that would come with its own difficulties. Mainly in the challenge of fundraising £130,000 to get us all out there!

2 comments:

  1. I hope 2015 jamboree will be the special model for world scout community. Lord baden paeal long live.God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete